Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Advent...

I felt rather stuck with yesterday's page in my Christmas journal for most of the day. I guess I have discovered that I struggle a bit with fitting photos in nicely because of the format I picked. But that's easy to say now LOL! If I could change my mind I think I would have gone for something square and a bit bigger. Also I had planned to do a lot of hand journaling, but I find that most of the time I have so much to write that I need to use the computer and printer to be able to fit it on my pages.

Anyway I finally came up with an idea how I would fit my photos AND my journaling on yesterday's page.


I used the two photos as doors. Just like an advent calendar. Which was rather appropriate, since the subject for the day was about counting down to Christmas. So the photos made the doors and some jewelled Making Memories brads made perfect little "handles" on the doors with some embroidery thread to close them.


Inside is all my journaling. I wrote all about the advent calendar and the traditions from when I was little, the advent candle and the special Swedish 4 candle advent holder. I really enjoyed getting these traditions down on paper.

...and the visit to the Christmas market got postponed yesterday. The rain was pouring down like crazy all evening (and night too). So it was definitely the right decision. We said we'd go today instead. But after a whole morning of rain we have cancelled it for today too. Oh well! We can't go tomorrow, so we're hoping for Friday now...

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a clever idea, fitting in the journalling by using the photos as doors. :)

Eleni Gratsia said...

WOW!!! Brilliant idea!

Kat said...

WOW! What a fabulous entry, Anso!! LOVE it!! The journalling thing - same here, I wanted to handjournal the whole thing but have too much to say as well!! ;)

Micayla said...

Love what you have done, always do. Glad your RAk came and hope you enjoy the mag girl!!