Monday, April 16, 2007

Very excited...

I'm just that little bit excited today!! As long as Ross can get off work at a decent time we're going to IKEA tonight!! And not only do I love the shop, being Swedish myself...especially the "Sweden shop" at the end where I can buy some of the food I'm used to, but... I'm going to get some new shelves for my scraproom!!!

Before you think I'm going to get something super fantastic...no I'm not really. I mean...in an ideal world, having a big scraproom I would want the Expedit or Bonde shelves. But ah, no...that is not possible. My scraproom is incredibly small!! So what's going to happen is that I have one of those typical computer desks (you know which I mean!), only I use it for storage (and I really do - it's full and more FULL!), and this will go. Instead I'm going to get two Billy bookshelves. One standard size (80 cm wide) and one narrow (40 cm wide).

Still by getting these I will have to put them in a corner so one is on each wall. No problem you think. No not until you realise HOW little space they have to fit into and that the 40cm bookshelf will block part of the 80 cm bookshelf. Imagine the letter "L" and where the two sides meet on the bottom left corner...my shelves will block each other (or rather one shelf will block the other). But that something I can live with (and is the best solution I have found for the money and space) and I will just put something that is not used too often in the partially blocked bit.

So it might not sound the greatest to you. But I'm super excited!!! To finally get some shelves! And yes, I do not have a single shelf in my little scraproom so that might make some sense why I'm so excited about this!! The way I have managed to pile & store things on the computer desk - you wouldn't believe what you can do with a lot of willpower LOL! I'm not sure this will give me more storage space (until I see it and start putting things on the shelves) but I'm sooo hoping there might just be that little bit more space. We'll see...

So my mission today is to clear the computer desk and everything else in the corner and move the desk out to make space for the shelves. That will take some time....

Before I go for today, here's a layout I made over the weekend. Urban Lily paper, Autumn Leaves stamps, MM Word Fetti stickers, Cloud9 Rain Dots Petals etc

No comments: