Thursday, May 31, 2007

Not again...

So I talk Ross into taking me to the sorting office to get my parcel early this morning before work (the one that I couldn't get yesterday because the sorting office has now decided to close at lunchtime rather than six in the evening every day). Do you think I got it? Oh no. Instead I get a "oh...it must not have come back in from the rounds yet". Right. It was tried to be delivered yesterday. So where on earth has my parcel been over night? At home with a postman? It certainly makes you wonder... And now it's past their new (incredible!) opening times so the earliest I will get my parcel will be tomorrow...and the THIRD journey (15 mins car ride) to try and pick it up. Sigh...

But on a happier note I did get one parcel yesteday. It was sent with "Parcel Force Worldwide" service and for some reason that got taken to our local Post Office (rather than the general sorting office where all normal parcels go) and I could pick that up late afternoon. Lots and lots of Heidi Swapp goodies!! Yum!! Heather, if you read this, thanks so much for you know what. And watch out for your postman tomorrow :)
And some comments I got:

Margaret said "Just looove the hand stitching swirls & A.L. "SPECIAL" stamp Anso. How did you get the stitching so neat & even, is that your own clever doodling ??" Thank you very much! Right, first I just very lightly pencilled in a swirl pattern on my page (and yes, just my own doodling). Then I took a paper piercer and added holes. Start with one hole (thread comes up from the back) and then leave about 1 centimetre. Then make two holes quite close together (thread goes to the back and comes back up). Continue with about a centimetre space (I just use my eye measure) and making two holes until you have reached the end of your design when you yet again end with a single hole (to take the thread to the back of the page). Hope this helps :)

Gems - thanks so much for the info :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Anso for your info. - you r so good at doodling. The difference with me is I am not very "arty" -- When I started scrapbooking 3 yrs ago I said "No I would never sew on my pages" then I did a class with a teacher who sews on everything & guess who sews heaps now. ME !!
What a postal service !! It's usually fun getting your parcels. Is this just the start of picking up your future parcels with their new times ??
Margaret ........

Anonymous said...

Glad it arrived safely and thanks for sending mine on so quickly too, you are very welcome Anso, anytime :D