Friday, May 30, 2008

And The Card Making Continues...

I continued to play with my digital kits and made cards...

For this I used the very summery "Chilling And Grilling" kit by Penny Springmann and Misty Cato from Sweet Shoppe Designs.

Bev left me a comment yesterday (and I hope you don't mind me copying it here Bev): "How do you turn digital images into real cards? Are you printing them and then mounting on cardstock? I'd never really thought of doing a digi card before, but I like the idea."

I'm really pleased you asked. To me it's just a natural thing to do, so I never stopped to think that this concept could be new to some people. So let me explain...

Yes you can make cards (or even "paper" layouts) using digital kits. There's really two main ways you can go down...

1) First one is very simple and super quick: Just design a card using your favourite software (just like you would design a digital layout) and then print as a flat image and make a card that way.

2) The second version takes a lot more time - and this is what I do. You print your background paper(s). Remember to resize them to the size you want using your software first, to save on ink! You could either print each paper separately, cut out, layer and glue. Or layer them using your software and print as one image. Then you pick all your elements, resize and print. You cut these out and glue onto your card...maybe mounting some on 3D foam pads, ink edges etc. (You would of course arrange your background papers and elements all on one document using your chosen software so you get all your bits printed on one sheet of paper.) Then have fun and add anything you want from your "real" stash if you wish (think: ribbons, glitter, beads, buttons etc).

Hope this explained in very quick terms how to make "real" cards using digital scrapping kits :)

1 comment:

Ana said...

Thank you very much for explaining this! I think its a great idea to add some dimenssion using pop-up dots or stuff like that!!!!