Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Snowing...Again...

We've had snow now for about a week and a half. Very unusual for the UK. And just as it was starting to melt I look out through the window about 30 mins ago and see what can only be described as a snowstorm LOL! It's calmed down a bit now but it's still snowing and the sky has that typical look of snow.

Today I'm playing with this:

...and this:

I'm at the stage where I'm waiting for some glitter to dry before I can continue so I thought I might as well take the time to blog. I'm making some birthday cards for my sister and brother. Hopefully I'll get the time to finish them pretty quickly so I can put photos on here either tomorrow or the day after...

And talking about taking photos...I always struggle with light and shadows when I try to take photos of cards and layouts. I always get some weird light somewhere and have been pondering getting one of those mini "portable studios" for well over a year now. Yesterday I decided to go for it:


It's only really small...and I'm not even sure if it will really work for layouts, but there's only one way to find out. Also it's really cool as you can change the backdrop to four different colours:I'm really excited and can't wait for it to turn up so I can have a play with it. If I'm lucky it might be here already tomorrow :)

7 comments:

LuAnn said...

that mini studio is da bomb!! where did you get it from? I hate how my project photos turn out! presentation is soooo important!

Max said...

I'm a point'n'press kinda' gal ... and it definitely shows in my pathetic offerings.
Thing is I have an excuse for my awful piccies ... 'User Error' but when your new mini photo booth arrives you'll need to make sure your photos are spot on all the time .... no pressure LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Monique said...

Those cupcakes look great! Can't wait to see the finished cards!

RachelV said...

Wow, looks like a great light kit!

Enjoy your snow and card making!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

The portable studio sounds really cool. Looking forwardto seeing the results.

Stefanie said...

I have this portable studio and it's great but be careful because the lights get very HOT very quickly!

Sew, Scrap, Make said...

I'm also curious where you got it from. I found instructions to make a version on line, and it is okay, but I am always strugling to get the lights right.