Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Vintage Hand-Tinted Look...

Oh this was fun! Day 3 of the photo editing class by Jessica Sprague and we learn how to add a vintage hand-tinted look to a photo (the frames that I have used have nothing to do with the class at all - just something I added myself).Using adjustment layers (which is what to do to create this effect) is something that I have done before. But never to a point where I have really learnt in...you know, in a way where I would remember how to do it later. I've kinda done it, followed the instructions and then forgotten it all a few days later. So I really enjoyed this lesson. It's definitely the kind of thing I would like to take more time to learn more about. It's just finding the time in the first place I guess :)

It's not so obvious here because I have had to make the photos rather small to fit well on the blog, but... In real life, working with the full size photos, it's really amazing what a big difference a little tinting etc can make to the general feel of the photo...

Having done this lesson today, I'm really looking forward to what tomorrow's subject might be.

On a totally different subject, I'm also working hard on some CT assignments. Making cards, digital layouts, bookmarks etc. So I will have lots of new stuff to show you over the next week or so. Got to continue with all this today so I better get going... :)

1 comment:

Chedder Fish said...

Nice work on the class! I have to ask where you got the frames- I love em!