Monday, July 04, 2011

Making My Own Butterfly Embellishments...

I think we all know how expensive scrapbooking supplies can be, right? Tools are more of an investment, that get used often, so a bit more justifiable. Paper and cardstock I'm fine with, but some embellishments I think are just far, far too over priced. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it easier buying patterned paper than embellishments. Like you can get a lot of sheets for £10. Yet for £10 you might only get two little packets of embellishments...

Anyway, at the weekend we went to a craft shop. There I saw these super pretty embellishments by Jenni Bowlin, a pack of pink and a pack of blue butterflies:

I really, really wanted them. But they were £4.30. For a pack of FIVE. That's nearly £1 per little butterfly! A small piece of card and 3 tiny gems. That's a lot. But I kept coming back to them in the shop and wanted them badly...

Then I had this idea - why not make them myself? I found a Martha Stewart butterfly punch, on special offer, at £9.99. Apart from that I used scraps of card & paper and some little gems I'd had for ages. 10 butterflies later and I'd nearly "earned back" (£8.60) the amount I paid for the punch (£9.99) already. AND I actually prefer the colours shades that I chose too. This was fun :)

1 comment:

JO SOWERBY said...

martha and butterflies = LOVE,
jo xxx