Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Studio Calico...

Scrapbooking kits...

I'm not sure about you but I think it might be something that's especially tempting/good when you start off scrapping. I know I tried a few. I can't remember when it was. I mean, if it was exactly when I started or maybe a year later. Anyway I tried a few. Some I liked and some I didn't. In the end I fell for the US ScrapGoods which I think I maybe had for about 2 years. But I got tired of it. You got 2 of every paper. Something that I didn't really like unless I REALLY loved a paper...

Then I was recommended ScrapRoom. Like 4 kits in 1. This I loved!! It was a great kit. LOTS of variety :) But again from the US. I think I had this for about 2 years also. Then they raised the prices and suddenly it started getting caught in customs. After several high customs charges I had to say goodbye to it.

This was maybe... 2008? 2009? Since then I have had no kits. Until now...

Studio Calico has been tempting me for about a year now. I've been so close to signing up several times. And a few weeks ago I finally signed up for it. I couldn't believe how excited I was after I'd signed up!!! I started off with the kit that was already the current one (August) and I got this about 2 weeks ago...

*love* Greens! Yum!!

And then yesterday my second kit (now according to the proper subscriber schedule) arrived. September:

Love the woodgrain Thickers, the Amy Tangerine stuff etc.

This is fun! I'm glad I had such a long kit break, but I'm also enjoying getting a kit again. Not sure how long for. But at the moment it's big *love* :)))

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Eeeek I started getting kits from them, started with the August one too and hoping the GLEE one arrives here down under tomorrow, fingers crossed or Friday so I can play on the weekend. HAVE fun I know I sure did! xx

Alison said...

I've been looking at them for a while - so tempting! But don't you have the same problems with customs, since they come from the US? I'm based in Belgium and they don't let anything through without a hefty charge... :-(