Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Bauble Card...

I'm taking a short 2 week online card class by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner at the moment that started on Monday this week. The card that Kristina made on Monday really inspired me and I got crafting. :)

This is my version of her card. She used blues for the background strips (I used greens) and she used a bauble cut by a Silhouette die cutting machine. Something that I wished I had sooo much. But seriously, I really can't justify the cost of it. So it was "thinking cap" time...

At first I was just going to use any other item (stamp?) as a focal point (ie not a bauble). But then I came across this Hero Arts stamp set which I had that contained a decent sized bauble stamp so I decided to use that. Here's my version of the card...

I enjoyed making this card so much that I'm toying with making another version of it. We'll see...

4 comments:

Fifi-T said...

Love it, wonderful take on Kristina's card

Suzanne Russell said...

This is a great take on the inspiration card.I like your ornament better than Kristina's! :)

Julie said...

I think your stamped ornament came out beautifully! I love it!

Lisa Geraty said...

I really like this card. I've never been a fan of that HA ornament stamp set but I love what you did with it.