Sunday, May 27, 2012

Album Sorting...


Following on from my previous post, my goal with this is to get all my albums sorted in chronological order. A HUGE task. Yes, that means getting every single layout I have EVER done out of the albums! Years and years worth. Gasp! LOL!

I started a few days ago. I grabbed about 8 full albums. And when I say full, I actually mean over full. Pulled all the layouts out of the albums and started to sort them by year. Then each yearly pile got sorted by date. To say that I had a sore back doing this would be an understatement...

When I started scrapbooking I nearly only scrapped in 12x12. Some of them double layouts. Come 2006-ish (?) I swapped to mainly scrapping in A4 size (relatively similar to US Letter size, slightly taller and narrower) and almost all single layouts.

I'm going for American Crafts 12x12 modern albums now to hold everything. Each year is looking to end up with about 2 albums, maybe 3 sometimes, at the moment. I'm really happy to have a mix of page protectors in my albums and I love the divided ones with lots of little pockets :)

I still have quite a few albums which has not been sorted yet. But I'm aware of that this is not something that I can get done overnight so that's okay...

And for anyone wondering... no I will NOT start scrapping chronologically. I think that would be very boring and take away a lot of the fun part for me. Thinking that I "need" to scrap *these* photos next because they are next in order. No. Not for me. I'll still scrap whatever I want, whenever I want, regardless of which year the photos are from, and I will just add the layout in whatever yearly album it belongs when I'm done. Happy thoughts :)

No comments: