Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Under Construction...

Yes this is what is happening with my albums at the moment...


For years the layouts have just ended up in my album as and when I created them, regardless of the date of the photos featured. This is something that has bothered me for a long time. I remember a while back (a year? two?) ago when Ali Edwards started sorting her albums out, mixing page protector sizes, and getting them into chronological order. It made me THINK. A lot. This was something I wanted. Scrapping out of order, but having my pages in order in the albums. This thought has grown and grown... A huge and very overwhelming task. But it's been on my mind ever since and it's been something that I've been feeling more and more would be very important for me to do.


Fast forward to some weeks ago when Shimelle suddenly announced she was doing a class on album organisation. Something that I now felt very ready to do anyway. So I went for it, feeling that this might be that last little burst of energy that would make this overwhelming task possible to attack. As it turned out, the system that I had in my head is partly what Shimelle is suggesting anyway. I'm taking the class and using it as inspiration and a boost but sticking to the exact system that I have already known all along is what I want for me.

More on this another day. I'm off out to enjoy the best day of weather which we have had for weeks and weeks :)

No comments: